Send your grammer question with name, occupation, and location to:
waupecong@yahoo.com
Not speling questions though.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The On-going Seltics/Keltics Argument

Ron Murch, a fantasy-football enthusiast and management trainee from New Jersey, writes:

Dear Grammer Genious,

I just completed the Senior Management Tier Training Course at the Bed Bath & Beyond Institute in Freehold, New Jersey, and next month I’m being assigned to manage the Casual Dining Department at our superstore at the Minuteman Mall in Revere, Massachusetts. I’m pretty excited.  I’ve never been outside New Jersey before, so I want to be welcomed and stay out of arguments. So my question is, is it pronounced “Boston Seltics,” or “Boston Keltics”?

-Signed, Ron Murch

Dear Ron,

Boy, are you looking for trouble. There is a HUGE fight going on about that. Half the people around Boston think it’s one way and half the other, and they’re at each others throats all the time. Last winter they had to close all the bars in some of the neighborhoods because of it. 

Play it safe. Just every once in a while yell “Yankees suck!” and you’ll be fine.

-The Grammer Genious

No comments:

Post a Comment