Send your grammer question with name, occupation, and location to:
waupecong@yahoo.com
Not speling questions though.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A deal breaker

Mr. Leon Czolgosz Sullivan, a tool-and-die maker and political anarchism activist in Detroit, Michigan, writes:

Dear Grammer Genious,

Please settle an argument between my girlfriend and me. She corrects my grammar all the time, even in public when we’re, like, out in a restaurant or something. I think that correcting another person’s grammar is a deal-breaker. It’s like she’s not listening to what I’m saying, she’s just tracking my grammar.  So I’m thinking of breaking up with her. What do you think?

Leon Czolgosz Sullivan

Dear Leon,

Correcting another person’s grammer is totally unacceptable, but don’t break up with her yet. First do things like, after she has made some long, thoughtful statement and it’s time for you to answer, say, “You’ve got a piece of spinach on your tooth,” and the next time say “Is there something inside your nose?” and the next time say “That spot on your arm looks like it itches,” and keep doing that until SHE breaks up with YOU.

Incidentally, you should of written “my girlfriend and I,” not “my girlfriend and me.”

The Grammer Genious

No comments:

Post a Comment