Send your grammer question with name, occupation, and location to:
waupecong@yahoo.com
Not speling questions though.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Must be true.

Mr. Arthur Adams, a gym teacher at Joliet East High School in Joliet Illinois, writes:

Dear Grammer Genious,

The kids don't think I'm smart like the other teachers because I teach gym, so they don't always believe the things I tell them and sometimes I think they make fun of me.

Like, so they'll realize I know things, I tell them sometimes those little-known facts like about how the word "sirloin" was invented, when King Henry the Eighth was eating it and he liked it so much that he rose and knighted it right there on his plate, saying "I dub thee Sir Loin." I've heard that story lots of times.

Also, the fact that Mozart, that painter or whatever, was originally a Jewish guy named Moses, but the king liked his art so much that he changed Moses's name to Moz-Art, as an honor.

Some of the snottier kids who aren't very good at sports tell me that those facts are B.S. Are they? I think they're just sore because they get picked last, but whose fault is that?

-Yours truly, Art Adams

Dear Mr. Adams,

If more attention was paid to the gym teachers of our great nation, we wouldn't be in the trouble we're in. I learned most of my high school knowledge from the gym teachers.

Those stories are examples of the saying "You can't make that stuff up." Who could possibly invent such facts? They must be true. So, don't take any guff from those sissy smart-alecks. Give them a D in gym.

- The Grammer Genious.

P.S.  Go Kingsmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment